Three challenges (Atlantic, Mediterranean, and the Black Sea) used the same assessment methodology/solution. They address different regions, different challenges, differents partners-new audience.
The importance/ strength of the solution is in:
- The formulation/transposition of the checkpoint concept for objective basin scale assessment (standard): Objective, quantifiable, verifiable & dynamic information (specifications, indicators, statistics)
- The adhesion of checkpoint community to the assessment principles and reduction of workload between checkpoints,
- The centralization and organization of monitoring, control & surveillance.
- The Proof of concept of critical functions, qualifying the solution though test and demonstrating the critical value
- The comparability & compatibility of the database among checkpoints